How does it work?
- SCRIP participating retailers sell gift cards to the Waupun Hockey Association at a discount;
- You buy the cards for full face value and redeem them at full face value;
- Waupun Hockey keeps half the discount as revenue and the other half goes into an account that you may use to offset the cost of registration.
Note: If you use scrip enough and have enough money to completly offset the cost of registration you then in a sense get free hockey and earn money for WHA just by shopping at the stores you already shop at.
Consider a typical household expenditure of $100/week on groceries from Piggly Wiggly(3%) and an additional $20/week for gas from Kwik Trip(5%). Based on a weekly order for one entire year would bring $204 to WHA and half of that is yours to use for registration. By using the SCRIP program and spending $120 on groceries and gas which you already spend you have already paid half your registration, and all without spending any additional money or selling any products.
Now imagine how that $204 would continue to grow when you use the SCRIP program in other ways, such as:
- Paying off your Kohls charge card;
- Going out to dinner at Applebee's, Ponderosa, or Pizza Hut;
- Culver's, Taco Bell, or I-Tunes stocking stuffers at Christmas;
- Gift cards from any of the participating SCRIP vendors for the paperboy, babysitter, teacher or that hard-to-shop-for special someone.
- And let's not forget about the home improvments with such cards from: Ace Hardware & Menards.
SCRIP can be used for many household purchases including food, clothing, entertainment, gasoline, travel, and dining out. View the complete listing of participating retailers right here Important Note: the list of participating retailers on the WHA website is only a copy, for the most up to date list visit www.glscrip.com.
How do I place an order?
- If you have already created an account on www.shopwithscrip.com and activated PrestoPay then all you have to do is login to your account and order. If you have not created your account and need to know how then click here to view the family user guide or you can get a print copy at the Community Center from the upstairs office.
When you create your SWS account there is some fields that are optional. One is called Student name and one is called Teacher Name. For Student Name put your child's name in there. (If you have more that one child in Hockey then put your last name in there. For example "Lombardo") For Teacher Name please put WHA. These two thing will greatly help your coordinator to give the money to the correct family. If you didn't when you created your account then all you have to do is edit your profile and fill it in.
- Once you create your SWS account you will need to create your PrestoPay. Presto-Pay is a convenient way for your family to pay your organization on-line at the time you place your order. GLSC will accept the payment on behalf of your non-profit organization. GLSC will automatically debit your checking account for the face value amount of your order, plus a small convenience fee of $0.39, and hold it until your non-profit's order has been released by your coordinator.
- All orders are to be paid for by using the Presto-Pay method (no exceptions). If for any reason your payment is returned or rejected the GLSC will: Cancel your order if it has not been released by your coordinator, but if your order has been released GLSC will Charge WHA for the full face value of your order Plus a bank charge of $30.00 which will be passed along to the family.
When will my order be available?
- SCRIP orders are due by noon on Sunday the order will be placed that evening and are typically shipped by Tuesday. Once the orders are in they will need to be sorted by family.
- An email will be sent out when orders are in and sorted and will distributed on Thursday at the latest by an association volunteer or the coordinator. During the summer we will have a pick up place and time to pickup your orders. Location has yet to be determined but most likely will be on Thursday night.
Once orders are placed on Sunday, there will be a 15% restocking fee for all order changes
- Can't make it then? Give us a call and we'll try to arrange for an alternate pick-up time.
If you have any questions regarding the SCRIP program, please contact Melanie Gerritson (979-9118 or firstname.lastname@example.org).